August 22, 2011

Two europeans and one american on holiday

I can't believe I survived the last week, but I did. The study pace and climate here is definitely... different... from Sweden. I guess both in a good and a bad way. Good because I learn so many amazing things, bad because the workload is slowly killing me.

A new portion of knowledge delivered in Sommer Hall.

Anyway, finals are are finally over. After spending every hour cramming knowledge into my head, it's time for a break. And since  it's apparently the only break we get until December... better use it wisely.

So now I am in Outer banks, North Carolina with Kristin and Saskia. We're staying a genuine American motel right by the beach and drive around on the highway that divides this very, very nice island into two beach strips (with houses on every side blocking the beach view).





Today we went exploring.

We tried to get a tan on the beach. It rained. So we escaped.


Happy crowd despite the rain. Wearing sunglasses to make the sun come out again. 

We took Kristin's 4-weels for a drive on the beach and almost got stuck.



We saw a lighthouse.



We walked on giant sand dunes. The jumped a bit.







We drove some more. The sun finally came out and we passed out on the beach. Woke up when 3 bulldozers almost ran us down. Here they waste no time making the environment even more built.

Wait... wait... what's blocking the sun? Oh, don't get up. It's  just another  bulldozer.

We had dinner in a surf bar. Surf bars are always the best spots. Within minutes we got offered a free sailing trip tomorrow and a round of beers.

Soon back to reality as courses start Thursday. Then my blogging might be off for some time, again.

And yes, I am still married. Gus left for Key West and is now onboard a research ship for the next 6-7 weeks. Before he left I got a birthday gift that he spent his evenings renovating (!). I don't know which one I love more; my new bike or my (new) husband...?

Waiting to explore Baltimore. I'm a bit scared since I never use a handlebar like this. Looks so professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment