August 4, 2011

Greatest school of the greatest city in the greatest country

So. I've now been at the wire for more or less 1.5 moths. If you take away the heat, Baltimore is actually growing on me for each day (given the fact that my expectations coming here were z.e.r.o).

I am wondering if these benches displayed everywhere in the city has something to do with it?


It's like they're here to remind me that "hey, not only are you in the greatest country in the world - but the greatest city of the greatest country (America) in the world".  Just in case someone is in doubt. 
Very reassuring.

And that's not it. Not only am I in the greatest city of the greatest country, but at the greatest school of public health in the greatest country. (In Swedish: Lätt att få storhetsvansinne. Jag försöker att hålla mig ödmjuk och mest flyta med i all patriotism).

A few days ago we had a lecture from the greatest professor of the greatest school of... ja.. you get the picture. D. A Henderson - responsible for actually "saving lives - millions at the time" (Hopkins slogan) by eradicating smallpox. I wish I could do something like that. And I also wish I had a table like that.

A living legend at our school signing books for starstruck students. Please note the amazing, lush, table.

Speaking of tables, we now have two of those in our apartments. And two chairs, two sofas and one bed. Two lamps.... and... 4 pillows. Not bad, ey? Gus has been working hard. However,  he doesn't seem to have trouble finding things to do when not shopping for furniture. I'm glad someone gets to experience vacation and sightseeing in Baltimore.

A prospective add to our apartment decoration?  I think the landlord said "no pets". 

No comments:

Post a Comment