October 12, 2012

Blog CPR


Hej!

It would be a slight underestimate to state that I have been slow on blogging lately. I would argue that I have, in fact, died out from the blog scene. Consider this post a 'CPR of blogging'; a desperate attempt to keep it alive. Help me out, please.

My non-blogging really reflects two things: 

1) Being back in the Hopkins loop
2) Not having my own camera

Let me explain.

 1. The hopkins loop kind of talks for itself. I started a PhD (need I say more). Hence all flavor of 'free time' is long gone. Don't get me wrong though - I am taking much better care of myself and the people around me compared to last year. Every moment not spent at school is spent with Gus, outdoors, with friends, cooking, and chilling in our new house. 

On this note, got extremely into running this summer. Very surprising given that I used to hate running; I would prefer walking very fast. But, it seems like the running bug has caught me. My goal at the moment is to have run my very first half-marathon by this spring. For my birthday, Gus got me an *amazing* GPS-watch from which I can now --- like a true running nerd --- create maps of my daily travels.

High of the run is to see where you actually went.

2. Not having my own camera origins from a combinations of factors; Gus having at least two very (very) good ones + me having netiher. As a result, I don't really take many pictures anymore and have to rely on his to and take the time to upload them on my lapop. This, on average, takes about ≈ one month. 

On the topic of pics however, here's a random selection from the last month. 

I'll start by something that made me very happy. I the mail today, I got an article describing what to do in Gothenburg (Sweden) in 36 hours, published in the NY Times this week (thank you Bonnie and chapter AW!). Finally something to use for describing my wonderful hometown. This will go on our fridge to be on best possible display.



Moving on...


It's good to be back in the US. I've missed it, more than I thought I would.


We started the 'new year' with going for an overnight hike with our roomie (a.k.a son) Andrew.


Throught the hike, I had to hold up every big rock for Gus and Andrew to be able to pass. Phew.

I also had time to turn one year older, into my last one as a 20-something. Celebrated in style with Swedish snacks and loads of nice people.

Part of why it feels so good to be back is really our new home. AND our new wheels! That's right, finally WITH car.



The *Avenue* in Hampden, Baltimore --- to which we are very conveniently located.
We've even made our OWN crabs. Of course, fished by Gus.

Last weekend we escaped to NYC to hang out with dear friends and enjoy the city.
Apparentely fall is approaching. At least it seems like from the 150 postcard my mother sent me with fall-theme.

That's it for this time. Hope to see you sooner than later. Keep your fingers crossed that my blogging will survive. Happy comments are very much encouraged.



1 comment: